Dr Donna Gronn is a senior lecturer in Education specialising in ICT Education. She is also the ACU Faculty of Education eLearning coordinator. Donna is a trained primary teacher with experience in both P-6 classrooms and computer labs.
Honours and Awards:
- 2011 Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE) – Outstanding Leadership in Use of ICT in Education
- 2011 ICT in Education Victoria (ICTEV) – Victorian Outstanding Leader of the Year
- 2011 Mathematics Education Reserch Group of Australasia – MERGA Research Award (Early Numeracy Research Project Team)
- 2010 Australian Learning and Teaching Council – ALTC citation – For an outstanding contribution to the development of staff and student understanding of and confidence in the pedagogically sound use of technology in teacher education
- 2010 International Society for Technology in Education – ‘Making IT Happen’ Award
- 2009 Inaugural Netspot ACU University Staff Award – Best use of technology for student centred learning
- 2009 ACU Faculty of Education – Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2004 VITTA fellowship Award – Research project award Students as ICT mentors for teachers.
Donna’s key interest is in the integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education. This includes both pre-service and inservice teachers. This interest extends to the changes that ICT has afforded to education and how education must change to suit the needs of the 21st Century learner.